Yummy & healthy alternative to traditional pasta bolognese
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• 0.5 12oz jar roasted red peppers coarsely chopped
• 1 Tbsp Italian parsely coarsely chopped
• 1.3 pounds turkey or chicken sausage low sodium (hot or mild) REMOVE CASING
• 0.5 12oz jar/can Artichoke hearts drained and diced
• 0.5 8oz jar sun-dried tomato pesto
• 0.3 tsp black pepper
• 0.5 5oz container plain Greek yogurt
• 2 oz heavy whipping cream
• 2-3 garlic cloves finely chopped
• 1 large tomatoes coarsely chopped
1. Remove sausage casing: Cut almost in half lengthwise (butterfly); turn sausage over and peel casing away.
2. Pre-heat large skillet with 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat and cook turkey sausage while breaking it apart. Drain excess grease and place meat back in pan.
3. Stir in garlic, peppers, tomatoes, pesto and artichokes. Cook approx. 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the yogurt and heavy whipping cream. Add the liquid mix to the pan and stir over low-medium heat for approx 3-4 minutes or until thickens. Stir in pepper and parsley!
5. Serve over spaghetti squash! (Optional) sprinkle shredded Parmesan over top.
You are eligible for 2 nutritionist visits per Plan Year. Look for a registered dietitian here: https://www.ibxtpa.com/login